No subject
b***@does.not.exist.com
2008-11-18 15:08:59 UTC
and they'll now see an additional work sheet -- the new report sheet.
b***@does.not.exist.com
2008-11-18 15:08:59 UTC
can't edit any of the columns or add activities. It should also be a
different color to make it immediately obvious that it has a special
status. From that point, they can simply enter the scores for each
student as they would any other gradebook worksheet.

Additionally, you'd like to be able to automatically pull grades from
other worksheets. Most commonly you'd just want to import the final
grades from the teacher's regular worksheet for the section.

Ideally, you'd keep this pretty open ended. The way we discussed
doing it in Arlington was to implement the "external activities"
feature we've created in the CanDo gradebook in SchoolTool's. The one
difference is that in the current external activities implementation,
we create a special type of activity that knows it is supposed to pull
from another gradebook. In the reportsheet, we don't want to have to
change the activity object itself to pull in the scores, so we thought
the import could be done more on the view level. That is, perhaps on
the top of each column you'd have an 'import' button, which you'd
click and then you'd get a form that would let you select another
column from another worksheet, CanDo gradebook, or anything else
available as an external activity, and then the relevant scores would
fill in the cells in the reportsheet via JavaScript.

I'll leave the next step -- plugging in the data from the report sheet
into a pdf report -- for later. I think that's enough to chew on for
now.

--Tom