[schooltool] First SchoolTool Live CD
Leonardo
2008-10-01 20:42:20 UTC
Hi Brian,

I noticed that the following address is not up anymore,

ftp://69.60.114.114/pub/schooltool/live-cd/schooltool-hoary-live-i386.iso

Could you please place a copy of the i386 Live CD in the ftp once again?

Thank you very much

Leonardo.
wrote:
*>* > I finally managed to upload a SchoolTool Live CD for x86 machines,
*>* > it based on the Ubuntu Hoary Live CD.
*>* >
*>* > If you feel like giving it a try, it is at:
*>* >
*>* >
ftp://69.60.114.114/pub/schooltool/live-cd/schooltool-hoary-live-i386.iso
*>*
*>* Sweet! Works for me. Can you do a PPC version?
*
Not without root access to a PPC running Ubuntu.
--
Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
And she's EVIL!!"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Leonardo
Hi Brian,
I noticed that the following address is not up anymore,
ftp://69.60.114.114/pub/schooltool/live-cd/schooltool-hoary-live-i386.iso
Could you please place a copy of the i386 Live CD in the ftp once again?
Sorry it took so long, but I've put it back in it's old place.

However, I do have to warn you that that live CD is very old and
contains a very old version of schooltool (one without an upgrade path
AFAIKR).

What do you need it for, btw?
Post by Leonardo
Thank you very much
Leonardo.
Brian Sutherland
Tom Hoffman
2008-10-03 12:29:28 UTC
It would be good to get some feedback about what ways for beginners to
try out SchoolTool are most useful, especially since apt-getting it
works well now.

Specifically, which is better, a demo site or a live cd? Both take a
bit of work to keep up to date.

--Tom
Post by Brian Sutherland
Post by Leonardo
Hi Brian,
I noticed that the following address is not up anymore,
ftp://69.60.114.114/pub/schooltool/live-cd/schooltool-hoary-live-i386.iso
Could you please place a copy of the i386 Live CD in the ftp once again?
Sorry it took so long, but I've put it back in it's old place.
However, I do have to warn you that that live CD is very old and
contains a very old version of schooltool (one without an upgrade path
AFAIKR).
What do you need it for, btw?
Post by Leonardo
Thank you very much
Leonardo.
Brian Sutherland
2008-10-03 12:59:11 UTC
Post by Tom Hoffman
It would be good to get some feedback about what ways for beginners to
try out SchoolTool are most useful, especially since apt-getting it
works well now.
Specifically, which is better, a demo site or a live cd? Both take a
bit of work to keep up to date.
There is a set of makefiles to create live-cds in subversion. With some
tweaking, a recent live-cd could be made.
Post by Tom Hoffman
--Tom
Post by Brian Sutherland
Post by Leonardo
Hi Brian,
I noticed that the following address is not up anymore,
ftp://69.60.114.114/pub/schooltool/live-cd/schooltool-hoary-live-i386.iso
Could you please place a copy of the i386 Live CD in the ftp once again?
Sorry it took so long, but I've put it back in it's old place.
However, I do have to warn you that that live CD is very old and
contains a very old version of schooltool (one without an upgrade path
AFAIKR).
What do you need it for, btw?
Post by Leonardo
Thank you very much