[schooltool] Turn Schooltool into a Centralized Multi-school Management System?
Leonardo
2008-10-06 21:57:57 UTC
Hi Brian. Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes, you're right. I wanted to see schooltool working on windows, but no
need for it anymore.

I already installed schooltool on a VMWARE VM with Ubuntu Hardy and it's up
and running. However, I'm interested in finding out if it's possible to
turn schooltool into a centralized multi-school management system...
What would you think it could be the best approach to do so? I can perceive
lots of changes starting from adding an id_site to every "table".

Thank you very much.

Leonardo
Hi Brian,
I noticed that the following address is not up anymore,
ftp://69.60.114.114/pub/schooltool/live-cd/schooltool-hoary-live-i386.iso
Could you please place a copy of the i386 Live CD in the ftp once again?
Sorry it took so long, but I've put it back in it's old place.
However, I do have to warn you that that live CD is very old and
contains a very old version of schooltool (one without an upgrade path
AFAIKR).
What do you need it for, btw?
Thank you very much
Leonardo.
* On 9/13/05, Brian Sutherland <jinty at web.de<
*>* > I finally managed to upload a SchoolTool Live CD for x86 machines,
*>* > it based on the Ubuntu Hoary Live CD.
*>* >
*>* >
*>* >
ftp://69.60.114.114/pub/schooltool/live-cd/schooltool-hoary-live-i386.iso
*>*
*>* Sweet! Works for me. Can you do a PPC version?
*
Not without root access to a PPC running Ubuntu.
--
Brian Sutherland
Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
Brian Sutherland
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Leonardo
Hi Brian. Thank you for your prompt response.
Yes, you're right. I wanted to see schooltool working on windows, but no
need for it anymore.
I already installed schooltool on a VMWARE VM with Ubuntu Hardy and it's up
and running. However, I'm interested in finding out if it's possible to
turn schooltool into a centralized multi-school management system...
What would you think it could be the best approach to do so? I can perceive
lots of changes starting from adding an id_site to every "table".
Hi Leonardo,

Once SchoolTool proves itself on the individual school level, I expect
attention will turn to hosting and managing multiple schools rather
quickly. I'm not going to speculate on the details of technical
implementations, but Zope 3 is powerful and flexible enough to give us
many options.

As this feature will be of particular interest to higher levels of
school administration and (potential profit) to hosting companies, we
hope it will inspire new sources of development and funding.

--Tom