[schooltool] PyCon Sprint
Tom Hoffman
2008-02-22 18:58:05 UTC
Hi All,

We'll be having a SchoolTool sprint at this year's PyCon (and
EuroPython as well). In attendance will be Ignas, Alan & Jeff Elkner,
Paul Carduner, David Welsh, Tom Hoffman and several students from the
Arlington (Va., USA) School District. If you'll be at PyCon or in
Chicago from Monday, March 17 through Thursday, March 20, you're
welcome to participate as well.

The perma-focus for our sprints seems to be user interface changes,
since it is very difficult for us to make progress in this subject
remotely, particularly when we're making changes that have global
effects. The primary goal of this sprint is to leave with a unified
tabbed UI for SchoolTool and CanDo that is completely implemented
throughout both applications.

More info on sprints at PyCon can be found here:

http://us.pycon.org/2008/sprints/projects/

We have also updated the instructions for getting a developer build of
SchoolTool running, which Ignas has automated and rationalized using
buildout:

http://www.schooltool.org/documentation/setting-up-a-development-server/your-development-environment.

--Tom