[schooltool] Time to import sample data
H.S.Rai
2009-01-05 07:21:19 UTC
My installation went smooth, and was able to login. On importing
sample_data.xls, it is taking long time. How much time is expected. I
have waited 2 hours before mailing this. I never expect any thing to
take more than 2 or 5 minutes. If at all it keep on "waiting for local
host", then what I can do?

"top" command shows only one active process, all other sleeping.
However load on system is very high, 11/9/6.7 with cpu waiting 86% (wa
from top command).

Using Ubuntu 8.10 latest with all updates applied, on comaq laptop.
H.S.Rai
Tom Hoffman
2009-01-05 20:00:37 UTC
Post by H.S.Rai
My installation went smooth, and was able to login. On importing
sample_data.xls, it is taking long time. How much time is expected. I
have waited 2 hours before mailing this. I never expect any thing to
take more than 2 or 5 minutes. If at all it keep on "waiting for local
host", then what I can do?
"top" command shows only one active process, all other sleeping.
However load on system is very high, 11/9/6.7 with cpu waiting 86% (wa
from top command).
Using Ubuntu 8.10 latest with all updates applied, on comaq laptop.
Ignas is taking a look at this. Is your computer running out of
memory (and perhaps swap)? Is its interactive performance severely
degraded (e.g., the mouse pointer doesn't move smoothly)?

--Tom